- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup blueberries – frozen or not
- ¼ cup raspberries – frozen or not
- ¼ cup plant-based milk, or more to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 Medjool date - optional
Mariana de Oliveira Dias is a certified wellness consultant and nutrition coach, certified yoga instructor and raw vegan chef. In 2014 she opened Macao’s first cold-pressed juicery, Sattva Juicery and Kitchen, and more recently her consultancy, MOD – Integrated Wellness and Consulting services Limited, which aims to provide wellness services to Macao’s community through events, workshops and nutrition.
If you’ve got some fresh fruit that looks like it’s about to go off, try freezing it instead and using it later for a delicious and nutritious smoothie. This recipe, by Mariana, uses berries (rich in antioxidants), bananas (a mighty source of potassium), and immunity-boosting pineapple, but you can include any fruits you have on hand that you’re trying to use up.
Tip: Blending time can last 3-4 minutes or until you find the right consistency
1. Add ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Gluten-Free | Vegan | Dairy-Free | Naturally Sweetened | Raw