Skip to content
Menu

Macau package tours to Bangkok axed until Sept. 10

Macau Travel Industry Council President Andy Wu Keng Kuong said on Wednesday that all package tours to Bangkok would be cancelled until September 10. The move came after a deadly bomb explosion, which killed 20 people, including two female Hong Kong tourists, in the Thai capital on the night of August 17. According previous announcements […]

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:54 am

Macau Travel Industry Council President Andy Wu Keng Kuong said on Wednesday that all package tours to Bangkok would be cancelled until September 10.

The move came after a deadly bomb explosion, which killed 20 people, including two female Hong Kong tourists, in the Thai capital on the night of August 17.

According previous announcements by the Macau government’s Tourism Crisis Management Office (GGCT), about a dozen Macau group tours to Bangkok had already been cancelled until 23 August, affecting some 250 people.

Speaking to The Macau Post Daily in a phone interview, Wu said another six or seven tours to Bangkok involving some 200 people would be cancelled, adding that tours to other Thai destinations will depart as originally scheduled.

According to Wu, the affected group tours which were to fly to Bangkok on Air Macau would be permitted to switch to tours to other destinations within the next six months based on the air fares they had paid. He also said some affected travellers had already chosen to switch to tours to Japan and Korea.

As for the other Bangkok tours that were supposed to fly on other airlines, Wu said that it would have to depend on the specific arrangements set by the travel agencies that organized these tours.

“Recently, there has been far fewer people booking tours to Thailand, over 50 per cent less [than the same period last year],” Wu added.

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:54 am

Send this to a friend