Skip to content
Menu

2020 Macao International Parade cancelled

The Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC) announced that after a careful evaluation and comprehensive consideration decided to cancel the 2020 Macao International Parade scheduled for December.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:44 am

The Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC) announced Monday that after careful evaluation and comprehensive consideration decided to cancel the 2020 Macao International Parade scheduled for December this year.

The announcement by the IC said the cancellation had been decided because “with local groups and groups from all over the world amounting to a total of about 1,800 participants every year, the event draws a large number of people, and such high density may risk having crowd gathering,” said the IC.

The announcement also mentioned that the present format of the parade “is not suitable for the current prevention and control measures of the epidemic.”

“With many residents and tourists along the way, the event involves close interaction with participants and spectators the event is not suitable” for the prevention of the epidemic.

“Some foreign participating groups will also not be able to visit Macao to join in the Macao International Parade due to the coronavirus control measures in place.”

“With local groups and groups from all over the world amounting to a total of about 1,800 participants every year, the event draws a large number of people, and such high density may risk having crowd gathering,” said the IC.

According to the announcement, the present format of the parade “is not suitable for the current prevention and control measures of the epidemic.”

“With many residents and tourists along the way, the event involves close interaction with participants and spectators the event is not suitable” for the prevention of the epidemic.

The IC said that “some foreign participating groups will not be able to visit Macao to join in the Macao International Parade due to the coronavirus measures in place in the territory.”

The IC announced that “in celebration of the 21st anniversary of Macao’s handover to China, instead of the annual International Parade, the Macao Chinese Orchestra will present the concert ‘Listen to the Voice of the Chinese’” at the Ruins of St Paul in December and will host various cultural and artistic performances at different places of the city.

(Cultural Affairs Bureau/Macau News)
PHOTO © Macau News

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:44 am

Send this to a friend