Skip to content
Menu

Macau visitor arrivals likely up in May: tourism chief

Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes said Monday that based on data from the travel and hotel sectors the number of visitor arrivals in May is believed to have risen compared to March or April. The city’s tourism chief also said she was confident that the number of visitor arrivals […]

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:48 am

Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes said Monday that based on data from the travel and hotel sectors the number of visitor arrivals in May is believed to have risen compared to March or April.

The city’s tourism chief also said she was confident that the number of visitor arrivals in the second half of the year will be “stable”.

Senna Fernandes made the remarks after hosting a press conference at Macau Tower to announce details about the 27th Macau International Fireworks Display Contests.

Asked by reporters about the latest statistics on visitor arrivals, Senna Fernandes said that the official figures for last month had not yet been released. However, she added that based on information from the travel and hospitality industries the number of visitor arrivals recorded in May should be higher than in April or March.

She also said the government would continue to carry out promotional events to attract more tourists to the city.

According to MGTO information released Monday, the firework display contest will be held on September 5,12,19,27 and October 1 and 10 with teams from the mainland and Taiwan as well as eight foreign countries – Australia, Austria, Finland, France, Italy, Malaysia, Portugal, South Korea.(macaunews/macaupost)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:48 am

Send this to a friend