Skip to content
Menu

Man dies checking friend’s air-conditioner

A man surnamed Binarao was found lying on the floor unconscious with a burnt wrist in a flat in Rua da Prainha where he was helping a friend check the air-conditioner.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

A man surnamed Binarao was found lying on the floor unconscious with a burnt wrist in a flat in Rua da Prainha where he was helping a friend check the air-conditioner, according to a statement from Judiciary Police (PJ) on Sunday.

The statement said that they were notified at 9:35 a.m. on Sunday by the public Conde S. Januário Hospital Centre about the death of a man suspected of having suffered an electric shock who had been admitted for emergency treatment, and asked the police to investigate.

According to the statement, Binarao, 41, went to his friend’s flat to help check an air-conditioner in the bedroom. Binarao was on his own in the room, while the friend was in the living room when he heard a thud.

The statement said that when the friend went to the room to check, Binarao was lying on the floor unconscious. He immediately called the police.

The statement said an initial investigation shows that Binarao had burn marks on his right wrist and sustained injuries to his forehead and the left side of the back of his head.

The statement added that Binarao had a non-resident work permit, commonly known as blue card, and the exact cause of his death could only be confirmed by forensic examination and a follow-up investigation.

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

Send this to a friend