Skip to content
Menu

Health Bureau confirms 2 more COVID-19 relapses (Update)

The Health Bureau announced today two more COVID-19 relapses, bringing the total number of relapses among the 45 confirmed novel coronavirus disease cases to three. 

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:44 am

The Health Bureau (SSM) announced today two more COVID-19 relapses, bringing the total number of relapses among the 45 confirmed novel coronavirus disease cases to three. 

The two cases were announced by Alvis Lo Iek Long, a senior doctor with the public Conde S. Januario Hospital Centre, at the daily press conference of the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre about the highly infectious disease.

One of the cases involves Macau’s 16th COVID-19 patient to have been discharged from hospital and who was slated to end his 14-day post-hospital preventive isolation and medical observation on Wednesday. However, one of the patient’s follow-up tests for the disease turned out to be inconclusive, indicating the presence of a low level of the novel coronavirus, Lo said.

The other case involves the 17th patient to have been discharged, who had been scheduled to end his 14-day post-hospital preventive isolation and medical observation today. However, two tests produced different results, one positive, the other negative, Lo said, who stressed that both patients will have to undergo further tests.

The first relapse, a non-resident worker from the Philippines, was announced by the bureau earlier this week.

Meanwhile, Lo said that two more COVID-19 patients were discharged today, a 50-year-old woman who was hospitalised for 42 days. She was the only of the 45 patients whose condition was classified by the bureau as “serious” for a period of time during her treatment.

The other patient discharged today is the 20-year-old male who was in hospital for 32 days.

Including the two relapses announced today, 10 novel coronavirus patients are still in hospital.

No COVID-19 deaths have been recorded in Macau. Unlike Hong Kong, Macau has been spared a community outbreak of the virus. Of the 45 confirmed cases, 43 have been confirmed as “imported”, while the other two have been classified by the bureau as “cases connected to imported cases.”

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:44 am

Send this to a friend