Skip to content
Menu

Cigarette end possible cause of fire near Nam Van McDonalds

A cigarette end possibly caused a smoky fire close to the McDonalds in Nam Van on Sunday evening.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

A cigarette end possibly caused a smoky fire close to the McDonalds in Nam Van on Sunday evening, the Fire Services Bureau (CB) said.

According to firefighters, the blaze erupted after 6 p.m. in a rubbish box filled with cardboard in a corridor on a first-floor platform next to the eatery. The fire, with flames that residents described as “two-storeys high”, was quickly extinguished by firefighters. Some residents also reported having heard “something like an explosion.” The fire coincided with a torrential downpour. No injuries were reported.

The Fire Services Bureau has requested the Judiciary Police (PJ) to investigate the incident.

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

Send this to a friend