Skip to content
Menu

Macau visitors up 3.4 pct in first 3 days of CNY

A total of 434,549 visitor arrivals were recorded during the first three days of the Chinese New Year (CNY), up 3.4 percent on the same period of last year, the Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) told government broadcaster TDM on Monday. According to TDM, the number included 308,089 mainlanders, accounting for almost 71 percent of […]

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:51 am

A total of 434,549 visitor arrivals were recorded during the first three days of the Chinese New Year (CNY), up 3.4 percent on the same period of last year, the Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) told government broadcaster TDM on Monday.

According to TDM, the number included 308,089 mainlanders, accounting for almost 71 percent of the total.
For the past three days, police officers employed Tier 1 crowd control measures in and around Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro (popularly known as San Ma Lou).

The signalised pedestrian crossings between San Ma Lou and Avenida da Praia Grande were turned off in order to ease traffic and crowd congestion near the area. The crossings were closed for four hours from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, according to a Public Security Police (PSP) statement.

Tier 1 is the lowest of a three-tier crowd control system by the Public Security Police (PSP).

Similar measures were also in operation in the areas near the Ruins of St Paul’s and the Barrier Gate, as visitors and residents were diverted to side alleys to ease congestion. (macaunews/macaupost)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:51 am

Send this to a friend