Macao Week postponed in Chongqing
MGTO plans tourism drives in other major cities, while monitoring the Covid-19 situation in Guangdong.
Chongqing Macao Week has been postponed due to a clash with an event being staged by the city’s government this month.
Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes said that the MGTO is planning to reschedule the event in September because Chongqing gets extremely hot in July and August.
The next Macao Week roadshow will be held in Xiamen in August, and others are due to be staged in Chengdu, Taiyuan and Tianjin.
While Guangdong’s Covid-19 pandemic is affecting Macao’s visitor arrivals, Senna Fernandes said that the number dropped last Sunday to 16,000 and to 20,000 on Monday adding that other days last month recorded around 25,000-30,000 arrivals. She said that MGTO is observing the Covid-19 situation in Guangdong, as the situation this month will determine the number of visitor arrivals in the summer.
Senna Fernandes said that the MGTO has been promoting Macao Week in several mainland cities with direct flights, as their residents would usually stay longer in Macao.