The authorities will ban all unmanned aircraft activity over the peninsula during this year’s three-day Macau Grand Prix, which begins tomorrow, to ensure that the event will take place in a safe environment.
Community
In the past 10 months, 1.06 million passengers have arrived in Macao by air with a 20% increase in the first half of this month compared with the same period of last month.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng said on Tuesday that only after Covid-19 vaccines are available can Macao’s economy and employment situation improve.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng said that the government has decided to go ahead with the Macau Grand Prix (MGP) this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic because it already decided last year to hold the annual motor-racing event in 2020 and signed agreements with the relevant contractors at that time.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng said that a 5G network covering the whole city would need an investment of over MOP 3 billion.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng pointed out that according to its standards, the central government would only classify Hong Kong as a Covid-19 low-risk area if no new local cases have been confirmed for 14 consecutive days.
A total of 2,542 building units and parking spaces were purchased and sold in the third quarter as per stamp duty records, a decrease of 3.6 per cent quarter-to-quarter.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng pledged on Monday to set up a mechanism to normalise the government’s Covid-19 prevention and control measures and to speed up the city’s economic recovery at the same time.
Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng said on Monday that the way the government will give residents its annual “wealth-sharing” handout next year would depend on their views and the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, but he reaffirmed that the government would continue sharing the city’s wealth with residents in cash if “everybody” prefers it that way.