Skip to content
Menu

9th COVID-19 patient discharged, only 1 still in hospital

Ninth COVID-19 patient discharged Tuesday afternoon. Meanwhile, the local government’s plan to airlift out Macau residents stranded in Hubei province was also announced on Tuesday.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

Addressing Tuesday’s evening’s daily press conference about Macau’s novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Lo Iek Long, a clinical director of the public Conde de São Januário Hospital Centre, announced the discharge of the ninth COVID-19 patient – who also happened to be the ninth confirmed case in Macau – Tuesday afternoon, a 29-year-old local woman.

Tuesday’s discharged patient is the second local discharged patient. Now only one patient – a 64-year-old local woman who is the aunt of the 29-year-old woman – is still under treatment in the public hospital’s isolation ward.

The 64-year-old woman is Macau’s eighth confirmed case.

Macau’s last two COVID-19 cases, the 9th and 10th cases, were confirmed on February 4. The 10 cases comprise seven tourists from Wuhan and three locals. All the seven patients from Wuhan have previously been discharged and have returned to the mainland.

The first local discharged patient – a 56-year-old local man working as a casino shuttle bus driver – was discharged late last week. The 56-year-old man is Macau’s 10th and so far last confirmed novel coronavirus case.

Lo said on Tuesday that the 29-year-old woman was immediately transferred to the Health Bureau’s (SSM) Public Health Clinical Centre in Coloane for 14-days medical surveillance.

According to Lo, the patient, who works as a florist supervisor in a local hotel, went to Zhuhai for a concert on January 19. She was in contact with Macau’s eighth confirmed patient – her aunt – for three hours on January 24.

According to Lo, the patient came down with a fever and cough on January 25, before she went to the public hospital’s emergency department to seek treatment on February 4.

Aircraft departs at 9:30 a.m. Saturday

During Tuesday’s press conference at the bureau adjacent to the public hospital, Health Bureau Director Lei Chin Ion announced further details on the local government’s plan to airlift out Macau residents stranded in Hubei province.

Lei said that the charter plane – an Air Macau jet – is slated to depart for Wuhan at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday to bring back Macau residents who are in or near Wuhan, and who are in other locales in the province but face special circumstances, adding that the charter flight will have 60 passengers. Lei did not elaborate on the special circumstances.

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)
PHOTO © Government Information Bureau (GCS)

Send this to a friend