Skip to content
Menu

Sheraton Hotel no longer a quarantine hotel

Sheraton no longer a quarantine hotel and one more discharged patient.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

Inês Chan Lou, head of the Licensing and Inspection Department of the Macau Government Tourism Office (MGTO), said that the Sheraton Hotel – in Cotai – which had been used for quarantine, has been emptied today.

The 2,000 rooms reserved by the government at the Sheraton Hotel had been used for medical observations since March 28.

The Health Bureau (SSM) is supervising the cleaning and disinfection of the hotel.

The hotel will no longer be used as a quarantine hotel.

While the stay at a quarantine hotel is free of charge for local residents, non-locals need to pay 5,600 patacas (US$700) for the 14-day stay.

The remaining 2 designated hotels are Pousada Marina Infante Hotel and Golden Crown China Hotel.

Lou also said during a press conference that, at present, there are a total of 163 people in the 2 hotels for quarantine and among them are 101 Macau residents, with most being local students who returned from overseas. Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 during their quarantine hotel stay is immediately transferred to the isolation ward of the public Conde de S. Januário Hospital Centre.

Home quarantine is no longer practised in Macau.

Another discharged patient

Macau has had no new imported COVID-19 cases for 15 consecutive days since April 8.

The Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre announced today that one more confirmed novel coronavirus patient has been discharged and will undergo a further 14-day recovery isolation period at the Centro Clínico de Saúde Pública.

Macau’s 27th discharged patient – the 37th confirmed COVID-19 case – is the 32-year-old male Macau resident with Portuguese nationality and fiancé of the 11th case.

He was in stable condition prior to release from isolation and had met the discharge criteria. Macau’s last discharged patients were on April 22.

Macau’s first novel coronavirus case was registered on January 22. Nearly all of Macau’s novel coronavirus cases have been imported, with the second wave beginning March 15.

There have only been 45 confirmed novel coronavirus cases in Macau, with 27 patients already discharged. Only 21 COVID-19 patients are still in isolation.

PHOTO © Booking.com

Send this to a friend