Skip to content
Menu

Non-resident worker infected with measles in Zhuhai

A non-residential worker from the mainland has been infected with measles, with the number of measles patients reaching 31 so far this year, a Health Bureau (SSM) statement said on Saturday.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:45 am

A non-residential worker from the mainland has been infected with measles, with the number of measles patients reaching 31 so far this year, a Health Bureau (SSM) statement said on Saturday.

According to the statement, 13 of the patients were infected while travelling, and 18 caught the highly contagious disease through contact with other measles patients, and of those 18 cases, eight were infected at the private Kiang Wu Hospital and two at the public Conde de São Januário Hospital Centre, both on the peninsula.

The latest case is a 55-year-old female patient from the mainland, who works and lives in Macau. The statement said that the woman fell ill last Monday and then on Friday a rash started to appear on her face and neck, pointing out that during the incubation period of her infection with the virus she had been in Zhuhai, where she goes three times a week.

The statement said that the woman was born on the mainland and does not know her vaccination records, and her family members currently have no symptoms of measles. The woman has not been to work since she fell ill, but the Health Bureau said it would monitor the health conditions of people she has been in contact with when she was sick.

According to the statement, 27 of the 31 measles patients have already recovered.(Macaunews)

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:45 am

Send this to a friend