The Hong Kong government appealed to the public on Saturday to stay at home as much as possible and reduce social contact in an effort to prevent a larger outbreak of the coronavirus in the city.
This comes as the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said its initial investigations showed some of the confirmed cases were locally infected.
But the centre said, as of 8 pm on Saturday, no new cases of the novel coronavirus infection has been recorded in the city and the number of cases so far remained at 26 in Hong Kong.
CHP urged the public to maintain strict personal and environmental hygiene.
“On the personal level, members of the public should wear a surgical mask when having respiratory symptoms, taking public transport or staying in crowded places,” it said.
The centre also advised people to maintain drainage pipes properly by regularly pouring water into drain outlets (U-traps).
“After using the toilet, they should put the toilet lid down before flushing to avoid spreading germs,” it said.
According to RTHK the government in an effort to push its “social distancing” policy, had called on all statutory and advisory bodies, including all district councils, to cancel activities and meetings in the coming two weeks.
PHOTO © RTHK