Skip to content
Menu

Hac Sa Beach Park BBQ site to reopen on Friday, appointment required

The Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) announced last week that it will reopen its barbecue site at Hac Sa Beach Park this Friday, but those who want to use the facilities will have to make an online appointment first.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

READING TIME

Less than 1 minute Minutes

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

The Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) announced last week that it will reopen its barbecue site at Hac Sa Beach Park this Friday, but those who want to use the facilities will have to make an online appointment first.

The bureau made the announcement in a statement on Friday, according to which only Macao residents can make the appointment to use the Hac Sa Beach Park barbecue site, where they must strictly adhere to COVID-19 prevention measures. Each local resident who has made an appointment can take three other people to the barbecue site.

The statement said that the bureau will consider reopening the other barbecue sites in the city after assessing the situation at the Hac Sa Beach Park barbecue site following its reopening.

The city’s barbecue sites, which are managed by the Municipal Affairs Bureau, have been closed since early this year when the COVID-19 epidemic emerged in Macao.

The Health Bureau (SSM) said last month it had concluded that the city’s barbecue sites can reopen as long as certain COVID-19 prevention measures are strictly implemented, according to which users will have to wear a facemask, undergo a temperature check, present their Macao Health Code, and adhere to one-metre social distancing rules.

According to Friday’s statement, each day will be divided into two time slots for users at the Hac Sa Beach Park barbecue site. The first slot will be from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm, while the second one will run from 6 pm to 11:59 pm. A total of 55 barbecue pits will be available in each slot, the statement said.

According to the statement, each resident can only make one appointment to use the Hac Sa Beach Park barbecue site every 14 days. Residents can start to make their appointments today for the first 14-day period from this Friday to 29 October. Residents can start to make their appointments four days in advance before the commencement of each subsequent 14-day period, according to the statement, which said that each local resident who has made an appointment can take three relatives and/or friends to the barbecue site and only up to four people will be allowed to use each barbecue pit.

Appointments can be made online at app.iam.gov.mo/ActivityWeb. Reserving a slot is free of charge.

According to the statement, the Municipal Affairs Bureau will set up a single entrance to the barbecue site – i.e. users can only enter the site via Hac Sa Beach Park’s main entrance, where the users will have to present their appointment confirmation message and their ID card with which they have made the appointments. Staff members will perform temperature checks on the users and check their Macao Health Code, the statement said, adding that those with a fever or any respiratory symptoms will be refused entry.

The statement said that according to the Health Bureau’s guidelines on the COVID-19 prevention measures at the Hac Sa Beach Park barbecue site, users will have to adhere to one-metre social distancing, wear a facemask all the time and can only doff their facemasks when eating.

The statement said that users are not allowed to choose a particular barbecue pit, and the pits will be distributed to them by staff members, based on their queue position, after which they will be issued a card designated to the particular barbecue pit.

The statement urged residents to strictly comply with the COVID-19 prevention rules at the barbecue site.

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)
PHOTO © Exmoo

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:43 am

Send this to a friend