Skip to content
Menu

96% back government’s vocational subsidy scheme

The Macau Service Sector Employees General Association said in a statement on Monday that over 96% of the respondents of a survey that it carried out recently said that they support the government’s decision to run a vocational training subsidy scheme during the novel coronavirus pandemic.

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

ARTICLE BY

PUBLISHED

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:47 am

The Macau Service Sector Employees General Association said in a statement on Monday that over 96 per cent of respondents in a survey that it carried out recently said that they support the government’s decision to run a vocational training subsidy scheme during the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The statement was released yesterday during a press conference at the association’s office in Rua do Campo.

The statement said that the association recently surveyed 1,009 employees from the service sector, including staff from hotels, restaurants, the retail sector and the gaming industry.

According to the statement, over 70 per cent of the respondents said they felt stressed working during the COVID-19 pandemic, adding that 44.3 per cent felt “extremely stressed” during the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The findings show that in the past year, 40 per cent of the respondents attended vocational training, pointing out that the number is lower than in previous years. The other 60 per cent said that they did not attend any vocational training because they were not able to find time or their company did not provide training.

However, according to the statement, over 52 per cent of the respondents said they intend to attend a vocational training programme next year.

(The Macau Post Daily/Macau News)
PHOTO © Exmoo

UPDATED: 22 Dec 2023, 5:47 am

Send this to a friend