Inês Chan Lou, head of the Licensing and Inspection Department of the Macau Government Tourism Office (MGTO), said that the San Tung Fong Commercial Inn South Wing – located in Avenida Almeida Ribeiro – which had been used for quarantine, has been emptied today.
The 89-room hotel had been used for medical observations since March 22.
The Health Bureau (SSM) is supervising the cleaning and disinfection of the hotel.
The hotel will no longer be used as a quarantine hotel.
While the stay at a quarantine hotel is free of charge for local residents, non-locals need to pay 5,600 patacas (US$700) for the 14-day stay.
Lou also said during a press conference that at present, there are a total of 1,341 people in the 8 hotels for quarantine and among them are 1,083 Macau residents, with most being local students who returned from overseas. Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 during their quarantine hotel stay is immediately transferred to the isolation ward of the public Conde de S. Januário Hospital Centre.
Home quarantine is no longer practised in Macau.
Macau has 45 confirmed novel coronavirus disease cases with no fatalities. Ten of the patients have meanwhile been discharged from hospital.